Sunday 14 April 2013

Review: My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask and Arbutin Whitening Mask

My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask and Arbutin Whitening Mask (23ml/pc)
This week review is on My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask and Arbutin Whitening Mask. The Arbutin Whitening Mask was redeemed from My Beauty Diary Facebook Page sample redemption exercise September 2012 last year. The Southern France Apricot Mask was from the goodie bag from Cozycot Beauty Forum event December 2012 last year. 

Both masks make my skin smooth and hydrated after use, although different purposes are written on the packet of the mask. One thing I do not like is the sticky feeling right after removing the mask. But overall, I'm satisfied with the masks as both masks deliver the basic necessity that my face requires and I will definitely use them. :)

My Beauty Diary Southern France Apricot Mask Summary
Purpose: Soft, Smooth, High Moisture

It is suitable for all skin types, especially for dry and combination skin. 

Southern France Apricot essence possesses excellent moisturizing ability, to quench dry skin and ease both the tension and roughness caused by dehydration while oats, barley and hydrolyzed rice protein nourish dry skin and enhance skin elasticity, leaving the skin soft and velvety smooth. 
Instructions on packet
My Beauty Diary Arbutin Whitening Mask Summary 
Purpose: Freshening and Whitening

It is suitable for all skin types, especially for dull skin with uneven tone. 

Key ingredient Arbutin purifies, whitens and brightens skin, building a protective barrier that resists melanin. Mori folium and prunus x yedoensis (a type of Japanese cherry blossom) improves uneven skin tone and rejuvenates the skin to a translucent glow. 

You may go to My Beauty Diary Facebook Page for more information.
Instructions on packet
How to use My Beauty Diary Mask
  1. After cleansing, unfold the mask, remove protective backing and place it over your face for 20 - 30 minutes. 
  2. Gently massage remaining serum on your face upon removal of mask. 
  3. Do not wash off mask serum. Proceed with normal daily skincare routine. 
  4. Use at least 2 to 3 times per week. 
Southern France Apricot Mask Review
This sample was from the goodie bag from Cozycot Beauty Forum event December 2012 last year. 

I love to eat apricot. But not sure about apricot on mask. /wahaha

When I open the packet, there was a nice strong apricot smell. Just make me feel like eating apricot. =P~ There are two layer to the mask. One is the plastic sheet and one is the mask sheet. 
Open packet
2 sheets
Mask sheet
Plastic sheet
The mask sheet is thin (but not very thin) and not too thick either. There is quite a lot of serum in the packet. Serum is thick and sticky. 
 
The plastic sheet and the mask sheet is very easy to separate and easy to place onto my face. However, the mask did not manage to fit and stick properly around the nose and eye brown area properly. /nobigdeal
During application.
The mask sheet is not very lasting as it tears very easily. I was just adjusting the mask sheet on my face and "Poo", the mask tears. /omg
Mask tears easily.
During the 30 minutes application, I did not feel any poky feeling, but I do feel icy cool (because I place my mask in the refrigerator). Overall, no much feeling when applying it. 

After removing the mask 30 minutes later, my face is full of excess serum. And one thing I do not like is my face is very sticky. I have to massage the excess serum slowly into my face. After about 1 min, the serum is absorbed into my skin but I still do feel the stickiness. 

Its only after sometime (didn't really time but its around 10mins I estimate) that the sticky feeling is completely gone. And my face become very smooth, soft and very hydrating. 

Overall, I do not really like the sticky feeling but the after effect is very good. :D
Before mask
After mask.
Arbutin Whitening Mask Review
This sample was redeemed from My Beauty Diary Facebook Page sample redemption exercise September 2012 last year. 

When I open the packet for this mask, there is no particular smell that I notice(Not like the apricot mask). Same above, there are two layer to the mask. One is the plastic sheet and one is the mask sheet.
2 sheets
Mask sheet
Plastic Sheet
Same as above, the mask is thin and serum is thick and sticky. 

Not sure if its me who did adjust the mask properly now (but not for the apricot one), it stick and fit very well on my face, leaving no bubble even on those difficult areas this time round. =D>

During application, I do feel some part of my skin feel poky. My face feel like sucking the sheet of mask as the sheet feel tighter. 

30 minutes later after removing the mask, same as the apricot mask, my face is full of excess serum and have to massage slowly into skin and my face feel very sticky. :(

After a while later, skin feel smooth, hydrated and refreshing. And my red pimple became calmer, not so red anymore. But as for whitening, seriously, I didn't see any immediate whitening effect. Maybe this will need several more application to see the whitening effect. 

Overall, I do not really like the sticky feeling but the after effect is good.
Before mask.
During application.
After mask.
Both masks make my skin smooth and hydrated after use, although different purposes are written on the packet of the mask. One thing I do not like is the sticky feeling right after removing the mask. But overall, I'm satisfied with the masks as both masks deliver the basic necessity that my face requires and I will definitely use and recommend them. :) 

Where to buy it?
You may purchase My Beauty Diary Mask (1 box 10 sheets) at Watsons Store. 

Where to get sample?
The sample redemption as I have previously posted in another post has long been over. But you may still go and like their My Beauty Diary Facebook page for future promotions and redemption. 

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment