Sunday 4 May 2014

Review: 医轩/Refresh Town Abdominal Massage Using Meditrina and Facial Treatment Using Babor


This week review is on 医轩/Refresh Town Abdominal Massage using Meditrina and Facial Treatment using Babor. Thanks to 医轩/Refresh Town for this Abdominal Massage and Facial Treatment review

Overall, its a different experience for me to have the massage and facial treatment done in a HDB flat shop rather than shops in shopping center. With the experience group of people, the results of the massage and facial is comparable to those in shopping center. 

Abdominal Massage using Meditrina Summary
The abdominal massage is done with traditional acupoint massage using 2 type of products from Meditrina. They are namely Meditrina Moxa Pain Relief Essence and Meditrina Ageless Herbal Cream With Chasteberry Extract. So lets take a little look at these 2 products. 

The moxi pain relief essence is use before the ageless herbal cream. This helps to open up the acupoint so that the ageless herbal cream can be absorbed more easily. 

Key Ingredients of moxa pain relief essence:
  • Adiantum capilus-veneris
  • Methyl Salicylate
  • English Chamomile
  • Black Cohosh
  • Rosmarinus officinalis
Key Ingredients of ageless herbal cream:
  • Chasteberry (Vitex)
  • Fenugreek
  • Dioscorea (Wild Yam)
  • Grape Seed Extract
  • Geranium Oil
Who is suitable for this massage:
  1. PMS / Cramps
  2. Irregular cycles
  3. Menopausal symptoms
  4. Headaches / Migraines
  5. Breast tenderness
  6. Mood swings
  7. Fatigue
  8. Foggy Thinking
  9. Anger / Irritablility
  10. Lost interest in sex
  11. Dry aging skin
  12. Incontinence
Benefits:
  • Helps to work on skin renewal and smoothens skin texture.
  • Promotes improved blood circulation and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
  • Results in a firmer and more curvaceous bust line.
  • Helps to promote a stronger immune system
  • Improves vitality, stamina and endurance
  • Strong anti-oxidant effects helps to increase defence against free radicals.
  • Helps to alleviate PMS, menopausal symptoms
  • Supports bone health
  • Helps to increase muscle strength and physical fitness.
  • Restores physical and mental energy to optimal levels
  • Helps to speed up recovery from illness. 
Award winning products.
You may go to Meditrina Web Site for more information. 

Facial Treatment using Babor Summary
The facial treatment products that is used on me are from Babor, a brand with products made in Germany. 

From Babor websites, it is stated that BABOR is one of the leading suppliers of professional Skin Care.
Babor Products also on sale at Refresh Town.
I will not be so long winded, you may go to Babor websites to find out more about it if its required. 

My Review
Thanks to 医轩/Refresh Town for this Abdominal Massage and Facial Treatment review.

Its really a different experience for me to have the massage and facial treatment done in a HDB flat shop rather than shops in shopping center. Yes, its located at HDB flat, not shop house or shop located at the void deck of your HDB. The first thing that comes to my mind is "huh!" But given the information of the products they are using on my massage and facial, I decided to go ahead. 

The place is located at the second floor of Block 506, Jurong West St 52. The block is a five story HDB, with lots of shops on the first floor. There isn't any floor to level 2 using the lift. I need to climb up the stairs just located at the lift. The place is just the first flat unit from the right. There is a banner saying Refresh Town and 医轩 right at the door steps. 

How the outside of the place look like.
Upon stepping in, my first impression is doesn't look like a flat to me. It look just like any ordinary massage shop or facial shop, but with a little homey feel. 

How the place looked like.
How the place looked like.
The massage and facial is done in a room. With the massage bed and facial bed readily and nicely done. 
Massage bed.
Facial Bed.
Abdominal Massage using Meditrina
My day starts with first doing the abdominal massage. Before beginning the massage, I was introduce to the products that are used for the massage and its benefits by Bobo. Its namely Meditrina Moxa Pain Relief Essence and Meditrina Ageless Herbal Cream With Chasteberry Extract

Moxa Pain Relief Essence.
Ageless Herbal Cream.
Then the massage begin after changing. First, moxa pain relief essence is apply on me. This is to open up the acupoints so that my body can better absorb the herbal cream during massage later.

Applying moxa pain relief essence.
Applying moxa pain relief essence.
Then the massaging begin. Every time, a new bottle of Ageless Herbal Cream will use for the massage and the remaining of the cream after the massage is yours to bring home to use. That's great to know that I am always using fresh new cream and not remaining cream from earlier massage from don't know who. :)
New bottle of cream used for every massage.
The massage takes 1 hour and massage is done according to acupoints. The massage process to me is painful. But when the massage is done, I felt really relax and relieve. :D
Doing massage
After everything is done a mask is place at my abdominal. This mask feels warm and I removed it only the next day. 
Mask apply on my abdominal after the massage.
And after doing the massage, I really have a very good night sleep. And I wake up the next day feeling so energise, without tired or sleepy feeling. :D

Oh oh, lets not forget, this is what remains of the cream after massaging. So people with size similar to me, this is what you bring home after the massage. 
Remaining cream after massage to bring home to apply.
Facial Treatment using Babor
Ok, lets talk about the facial I have done. After the massage, I transferred to the facial bed and start my facial treatment. 

The Beautician, Jo, first cleanse my face to remove off makeups and dirt.

Cleansing my face using Babor products.
My face was then steam for a while followed by some eye brown trimming. 

Trimming eye brown.
If you still remember some of my reviews previously, I did mention that my face started off with acne problems around my T-zone. Now it has turn to combination skin, with some oily and sensitive. Therefore, I was recommended the $186 purifying hydration facial with eye treatment. 

Jo then did traditional hand extraction on my problematic face. Having don't both machine extraction and hand extraction, I must say that I still prefer hand extraction. Although its not as comfortable as machine extraction, hand extraction can better and cleanly removed all the dirt and blackheads. 

Doing Extraction.
Then this red light machine is used on my face. It helps to remove the bacteria and reduce the redness and swollen areas. 
The red light machine used on my face.
With that, the purifying mask is done on my face. As my face is having acne problem, seaweed mask is done on my face. 
seaweed mask done on my face.
Sadly, because of my face condition, I am not able to do massage on my face, which is included in the treatment. (Massge is not recommended for oily, acne, pimple skin.) So for me, massage step was skip and replace with soothing gel. :( 

As my treatment includes eye, eye mask then collagen hydration mask is place on my face. Then, the best part, clock ticks and time for me to Zzzz while the mask is on my face. :) 

Eye mask place on my eye area.
And what is the 2 lump of cream doing on top of my eye? Well they are not vanilla cream found on cakes. They are just hot eye mask. :) While looking at the master piece by Jo on my face now, it really do look like cakes. /wahaha 

Masks done on my face.
And finally, did not really time how long, its time to remove the "Cake" on my face. When its removed, I go "wow". I feel so refreshing and clean and my skin feel so hydrated and bouncy. :) 

Mask removed.
And of course, it ended by some application of Babor face products. 
Babor face products applied on my face after facial.
Lastly, enjoying my cup of nice tea. 

Cup of nice tea after facial.
And I must really thank the beautician, Jo for the job well done. My face feel so good now. 
Before Facial
After Facial.
Overall, its a different experience for me to have the massage and facial treatment done in a HDB flat shop rather than shops in shopping center. With the experience group of people, the results of the massage and facial is comparable to those in shopping center.I have a great day pampering myself.

Where 医轩/Refresh Town is located and the treatment price?

Location: Blk 506 #02-182 Jurong West Street 52, Singapore 640506
Tel: +65 6569 6891
Operation Hours: 10am - 9pm

Massage Pricing
1st time trial: S$178
No package, each treatment: S$248
6 times package with 1 free bottle of Meditrina moxa pain relief essence: S$1488 
12 times package with 2 free bottle of Meditrina ageless herbal cream: S$2976

Also the Meditrina moxa pain relief essence and Meditrina ageless herbal cream (S$178) can be bought here as well. 

Facial Pricing
1st time trial: half price of the treatment chosen.
Facial treatment price: S$58 (basic facial), S$88, S$128 and S$186
Facial Treatment S$88 and above include upper shoulder massage.
Eye Treatment only: S$88

Also for Babor fans, you will be happy to know that Babor products are sold here too. :)

Promotion
医轩/Refresh Town is having promotion on Babor travel size set. Each travel set consist of 1 pouch, 1 cleanser, 1 eye cream and 1 mimical control cream at S$80 only. Promotion ends 31 May 2014

Babor Travel Size Set having promotion.
For more information please call their business hot line +65 6569 6891 to enquire. (Note that prices are correct at the time of publish) 

Disclaimer: Product(s) was/were provided for personal review purposes only. All reviews are 100% honest and based on my personal experience. No monetary compensation of any kind was given or received for this review. 

1 comment: