Sunday 20 September 2015

Review: Skinfood Cacao Hand Balm

Skin Food Cacao Hand Balm (50g)
Today review is on Skin Food Cacao Hand Balm.

Overall, this hand balm although is able to moisturize my skin, I don't really like the creamy waxy texture. The waxy texture makes the hand balm feels oily. However, the hand balm does contain a light cocoa smell. 

Skin Food Cacao Hand Balm Summary
Skin Food Cacao Hand Balm is a butter type high moisturizing hand cream that is highly effective in moisturizing, impart moist and shiny features to dry and easily chapped skin. 

It contains cocoa butter and is rich in polyphenol. 
What is written on the container.
Ingredients
How to use Skin Food Cacao Hand Balm?
Apply after hand wash or whenever hands are feeling dry.

My Review
Don't really remember how I get this product though. Anyway, lets go straight into this product review. :D

This hand balm came in a nice brown container. 
Skinfood Cacao Hand Balm.
At first look, I thought I see the wrong spelling "Cacao". But searching the Internet, it is the correct spelling. Its actually the same but also a little different from cocoa. Raw Cacao is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cacao beans while the cocoa powder we know is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures.

Ok, enough about Cacao and Cocoa lecture. Back to the product.

The hand balm is creamy waxy in texture and is brown in color.
Brown in color.
Creamy waxy in texture.
During application, it gave off a light cocoa smell. It smells good to me. :)

For me, I apply it before going to bed. The hand balm does make my skin feel moisturize after application.

But, as it feels very waxy, its a little difficult to apply. I need to use a lot too and because of that, it feels a little oily to me. And the oily stays for a while even after massage.
After applying the hand balm on my hand.
Overall, this hand balm although is able to moisturize my skin, I don't really like the creamy waxy texture. The waxy texture makes the hand balm feels oily. However, the hand balm does contain a light cocoa smell.

For me I won't buy it. While, I will leave it for you to judge though. Who knows you may like what I don't like. Taste is very individual, right? :)

Where to buy it?
Skinfood Hand Balm can be bought at Skinfood Stores island wide. 

Where to get samples?
No sample redemption that I know for this product. But you may go to Skinfood stores to try the hand balm tester there. 

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment