Sunday 14 February 2016

Review: Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series

Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series (10 sachets per box)
Today review is on Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series. Thanks Hi-Tea for sending the teas.

Hi-Tea is now my new favorite drink. Overall, different blends of flowering tea produces it own unique and nice taste. Besides taste, some produces very nice natural fragrance smell. Best of all, its an excellent replacement for soft drinks. These different blends flowering tea can be drink hot or cold, is healthy and each provides its own benefits for different purposes. These teas are also conveniently packed and blended.

Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series Summary
I have previously write about the Hi-Tea Fruit Tea Series review written at this link.

Let me give you a recap here.

Hi-Tea is a Singapore based flower tea company that provides flower tea products with quality and beneficiary to health and beauty.

Their tea uses 100% pure flowers and fresh fruits that is dried and mixed. Also it does not contain caffeine, flavouring, color or additives. Perfectly safe and healthy.

They have 3 selections of tea:
  • Blends of Flowering Tea (Today's Review)
    1. Slimming Tea Series
    2. Health Tea Series
    3. Beauty Tea Series
    4. Anti-Aging Tea Series
    5. Relaxation Series
  • Fruit Tea (Click here to see Fruit Tea Reviews)
    1. Peach Fruit Tea
    2. Apple Rose Fruit Tea
    3. Blueberry Fruit Tea
  • Loose Tea
    • Lemongrass, Stevia, Chamomile, Ginseng Flower, Rose Hips, Chrysanthemum buds, Pink Rose, Peppermint, Lavender, Sweet Osmanthus. 
Our focus for today's review is Hi-Tea Blend of Flowering Tea.

Blends of Flowering Tea Series
Hi-Tea brings together special blends of flowering tea series for the ease and comfort of all to enjoy.
5 types of special blended flowering tea series.
Slimming Tea Series
Ingredients used: Hindu Lotus, Roselle and Hawthorn Fruit
Flavour: Slight Sour
Benefits: Weight Loss, lower cholesterol, aid digestion.
What is written on the package.
Health Tea Series
Ingredients used: Jasmine Tea, Lemongrass Tea and Dried Lemon Slice
Flavour: Slight Sour, Strong Lemon Taste
Benefits: Improve and detoxifying digestive system, Refreshing and lightness. 
What is written on the package.
Beauty Tea Series
Ingredients used: French Rose, Jasmine Flower and Apple Flower
Flavour: Sweet taste and Fragrant
Benefits: Enhances effectiveness of whitening, Improves skin texture. (Especially good for ladies)
What is written on the package.
Anti-Aging Tea Series
Ingredients used: Lemongrass tea, Rosemary tea and Pink Rose tea
Flavour: Strong French Rose with slight Ginger Taste
Benefits: Extremely rich in anti-oxidant to keep you young and pretty,
What is written on the package.
Relaxation Series 
Ingredients used: Chamomile and Lavender
Flavour: Lavender and Chamomile fragrant with strong lavender taste.
Benefits: Releasing stress and tension, gives you good night rest.
What is written on the package.
Go to Hi-Tea Website for more information.

How to drink Hi-Tea Fruit Tea Series?
  • Place 1 sachet into 300ml of mug.
  • Pour in some water to wash the tea then add 300ml of hot water. 
  • Steep it for 3- 5 minutes. Increase steeping time for each new brew. 
  • Its then ready to be serve. Add honey or rock sugar for sweet taste. 
How to drink Hi-Tea.
This tea can be drink warm or cold, depending on own preference.

Each sachet can be brewed up to 3 times.

My Review
Thanks to Hi-Tea for sending the packets of teas.

Today focus will be on Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series.
Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series
Have you been eating too much during the CNY? Well if yes, then these special blended tea will make a good drink to solve the issue caused by eating too much unhealthy food during CNY. If no, you should also start drinking it to maintain your health.

I really love to drink tea. It makes me even more happy if the tea is caffeine free because I know that my gastric is well taken care off. :)

I have already talked about the package from the last Hi-Tea post. You may find it here. To recap, the tea came in a box of 10 sachets with the box easily folded for nice and good storage.
Tea came in a box.
10 sachets in each box.
Side cover removed after opening the box.
Tea can be stored this way.
It can also be stored with the top cover folded nicely.
The tea leaves are placed in a tea bag for neatness and ease of travel.
Tea is place in a tea bag for convenient.
A nice tea set also makes the tea session even more tasty.
Hi-Tea session with a nice tea set.
Making Hi-Tea in the tea pot.
Let's set the ball rolling, shall we?

Beauty Tea Series
Beauty Tea Series
Of the 5 special blend, this beauty tea series rank 3rd place for my liking table.

This beauty series produces a nice mixture of flower fragrance. But I smell rose and jasmine more though.
Can see a mixture of the 3 flowers inside the tea bag.
The beauty tea produces a nice yellow color.
How it looks like.
Natural yellow color from the flowers in Beauty Tea Series.
Taste wise, there is no need for honey. It taste just nice as it is. Sweet and fragrance.

I like the tea best when it is about 70% warm. When it is drink warm, I can taste the strong rose taste just when it enters my mouth and a nice jasmine taste just when I swallow it.

For those who love it cold, its a good news that I find the tea tastes just as nice as when it is warm.

It feels really great drinking this tea as I felt like I am drinking those packet soft drink like Jasmine green tea just that this is of course more healthy. Now I can replace those soft drinks with Hi-Tea. It is healthier with taste not compromised. It taste great. Knowing that its great for my skin makes me even happier!!!

Health Tea Series
Health Tea Series
This Health Tea Series is my favorite among the 5 blended tea. Why? Well, lets find out.

First, I am totally attracted to the half slice of dried lemon inside the tea bag. Can see lemon grass and jasmine tea inside too.
Take a look at what is inside. Clearly dried lemon, lemongrass and jasmine flower spotted here.
This health tea series produces a nice lemongrass smell that is not too strong. I can also smell a light lemon smell.

The tea is light yellow in color.
How it looks like.
The health tea has a natural light yellow color.
I love lemon taste and best is that the tea taste fragrance sweet with a little sour. And this health tea series hit bull eye for me. The tea has a very nice lemongrass fragrance taste with a little sour taste from the lemon when drink warm. Totally tasty for me.

I can imagine myself drinking this tea during cold weather. Totally melt my body and taste bud.

This health series taste very delicious when it is cold too. I can taste the jasmine and lemongrass fragrance taste with a light lemon taste. Definitely what I am looking for after a hot weather day outside.

Probably because of the lemon, it balance out the taste of the jasmine and lemongrass and add a little surprise of lemon into the tea. Which probably suits anyone's taste bud.

Best of all, it helps in detoxing and digestion. What can I ask for when its already so healthy and tasty.

Relaxation Series
Relaxation Series
This relaxation tea series rank 4th position among the 5 blends of tea series.

I actually wanted to taste this series the most among the 5 blend because I love chamomile tea and also the lavender smell. So the combination of both made me quite excited and I thought I would love this tea series the most. But turns out otherwise.

Opening the tea bag, I can already smell a very nice lavender and chamomile fragrance. The fragrance continues when I am making the tea. Chamomile fragrance smell strong when I am making the tea.
Can see the lavender and chamomile tea inside.
The tea is yellow in color as well. :)
How it looks like.
The relaxation tea has a natural yellow color.
When drink warm, the tea has a nice chamomile taste with a light lavender taste.

Not sure if I have place the tea too long, it taste a little bitter to me when I was about to swallow it. But a little bit of honey place into the tea solve the bitter issue.

When drink cold, I can taste mostly chamomile taste. No bitter taste. It is a good replacement of soft drink.

I still like it when its warm, taste very comfortable.

Although it may not rank the top in term of taste to me, it definitely rank the top in term of fragrance smell. How is this so?

After finished drinking, the tea cup still smells so good. I can still smell the light lavender with slightly stronger chamomile smell. From opening to after drinking, the fragrance smell so nice and lasting. How can it not rank the top for smell. :)

This tea helps on relaxation and good night sleep. No worries about not able to sleep after drinking this tea as this tea is caffeine free. So drink away with no worries and have a sweet dream. 

Anti-Aging Series
Anti-Aging Series
This anti-aging tea series rank the last from the 5 blend of tea series.

This tea smells like lemongrass. Not very strong so the smell is still ok to me.
What is inside the tea bag.
This tea is urm....also yellow in color. -_-'''
How it looks like.
This anti-aging tea has a natural yellow color as well.
When drink cold or warm, it produces a strong rosemary taste with a light lemongrass taste.

Taste a little like drinking ginger tea to me but minus away the hot taste found in ginger tea.

Maybe is the rosemary taste, I don't quite like it as compare with the other 4 blends of flowering series. It still taste nice. Just that as compare to the other 4, it is the least tasty to me.

But hay, its rich in anti-oxidant. So it is still worth my drinking. 

Slimming Series
Slimming Series
This slimming tea series is my 2nd favorite among the 5 blend of tea series.

I felt excitedly tasty when I found out that Hawthorn fruit is inside this tea. I love drinks made from hawthorn fruit. So I can't help play with the piece of hawthorn fruit found inside the tea bag when I opened it.
Can see the natural ingredients inside clearly.
Ops....its wrong to play with food and drinks. Small kids please do not follow. LOL.

This tea has a very nice hawthorn fruit smell.

This slimming tea is......red in color!!! Finally a different color...LOL...because of Roselle I think. :)
How it looks like.
This slimming tea have a natural red color.
This tea taste different when drink warm and cold.

When drink warm, it produces a very nice hawthorn fruit taste. It is slightly sour with a light fragrance Hindu lotus taste. Sweet fragrance with slightly sour taste. Yum....I like!!!

When drink cold, the Hindu lotus taste stronger with a very light hawthorn fruit taste but is not sour at all.

I still like it when it is warm than cold, taste better.

This makes an ideal tea too after an oily meal. Wash away all the unwanted oils.
Hi-Tea Blends of Flowering Tea Series
All 5 blends of flowering tea series taste different with different fragrance smell too. But they have 1 thing in common. That is they are all very tasty.

Which to choose? Well I feel that it depends on the purpose you drink it or if its the taste you are after.

Overall, different blends of flowering tea produces it own unique and nice taste. Besides taste, some produces very nice natural fragrance smell. Best of all, its an excellent replacement for soft drinks. These different blends flowering tea can be drink hot or cold, is healthy and each provides its own benefits for different purposes. These teas are also conveniently packed and blended.

Where to buy it?
Hi-Tea various type of Tea can be bought from Hi-Tea Website at a retail price of S$22.90 per box for loose tea, S$24.90 per box for fruit tea and S$26.90 per box for special blend tea.

Currently, they are having a promotion of 2 boxes for S$18 while stock last. That's a good buy. :)

Where to get sample?
No sample redemption for this product. :( However you may like Hi-Tea Facebook Page for future promotion. 

Disclaimer: Product(s) was/were provided for personal review purposes only. All reviews are 100% honest and based on my personal experience. No monetary compensation of any kind was given or received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment