Sunday 14 August 2016

Review: Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask

Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask (80ml)
Today review is on Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask.

This is a new mask experience to me. It's fun to use and skin looks healthy shiny. The next day, my skin feels and look moisturized. But it does not help in even out skin tone, blackheads, pores and acne scar.

Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask Summary
Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask is a korea treatment mask with 99% 24k real gold. 

Benefits:
  • Improve appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
  • Soothes and calm skin. 
  • Lock in hydration.
  • Promotes skin renewal.
  • Even out skin tone. 
  • Dead skin removal. 
  • Firm and lift skin.
  • Brighten and purify skin. 
  • Remove blackheads.  
What is on the box (In Korean).
For more information, go to Althea SG Website.

How to use Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask?
  1. After cleansing and applying toner, spread appropriate amount onto face.
  2. After 10 - 15 mins or when it dry up, the cream will transformed into gold mask. 
  3. Peel off from bottom to up gently with fingertips.
My Review
Was shopping at Althea when I saw this product having big sale. Gold!!! It caught my attention. Since it's having sale, decided to try it. :)

The product came in a black box printed with some Egyptian lady image on it.
Came in a black box printed with some Egyptian lady image.
The mask itself is also place in a similar pattern black container.On the cover itself, printed with Egyptian lady image plus Egyptian language symbol. Look very classy to me. 
Came in a similar black container.
Cover printed with Egyptian lady image plus Egyptian language symbol.
It also comes with a scoop.
Came with a scoop.
There is a lid covering the mask. Without opening it, I can already see thin little gold mask forming around the lid. So excited to see it
Covered with a lid.
Thin little gold mask forming around the lid.
But when I open the lid, I go wow!!! My first impression was that the gold mask looks like gold color wall paint. :P

It is gold in color and have a very thick liquid texture. There is a very light cosmetic smell to it. Not fragrance but not to the extant of smelly. One thing is that you won't really smell a thing during application. 
It is gold in color and have a very thick liquid texture that looks like gold color wall paint.
For a texture like this, the scoop provided is really not that useful as it will drip off the scoop easily. So really need to be careful when using the scoop. 
Not easy to scoop as it will drip.
For me, I use the scoop to scoop up the mask, take the mask from the scoop using my fingers and apply it onto my face.  

I won't say it is easy to apply this mask. I will only say you need practice to apply this mask perfectly. 
Experimenting on my hand.
There are a few advice for applying this mask:
  1. Take care not to mask onto your hair as it is really difficult to remove it after that as it will stick onto your hair when dried up.
  2. With Singapore hot weather, better to do it in air-con room. Otherwise your own sweat will melt the mask into clay and it won't dry up for you to remove. Become sticky to remove especially around forehead and nose area.
The mask feels cool during application and it does not produce a tight feeling when it dries up like other peeling mask.

Well............looking at myself in the mirror, I really look like those Shaolin 18 Bronze men (少林十八銅人). Look so funny to me. LOL.
Applying the mask onto my skin.
It is easy to know when it is dry. Just touch it using your hands. You will feel a layer of bouncy mask just covering your skin.

Peeling off is fun too and I don't have to wash my face after peeling off. :) The mask is actually rubbery and stretchy when it dries up. I can feel it when I peel it off.
Peeling it off when dry starting from the edge of the mask.
The mask is actually rubbery and stretchy when it dries up.
After removing, my first reaction is "Nothing special leh!" I thought I should see more but the very obvious different is that my face looks more shiny. My skin is able to absorb my skin care products better after that.


Mask after peeling it off.
Mask after peeling it off for 2nd time application. .
There is no effect on pores tightening, skin tightening, black heads, scars and etc. It is not particularly useful for improving skin hydration too.

I thought that's it for the effect of the mask until the next day. When I wake up, my skin looks renewed. And it does not look and feel like a just woke up skin. My skin looks like I have already done my clean up and applied skin care products when I actually have not done anything to it.
Before and after used.
This is a new mask experience to me. It's fun to use and skin looks healthy shiny. The next day, my skin feels and look moisturized. But it does not help in even out skin tone, blackheads, pores and acne scar.

Where to buy it?
Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask (80ml) can be bought from Althea SG Website.

Where to get sample?
No sample redemption for this product. :(

Disclaimer: Product in this post was bought for personal use only. Review is for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and monetary compensation are offered.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a pretty fun product to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is indeed fun and nice to use too.

      Delete
  2. I have enjoyed this great information so much. This was really very interesting and helpful to read. I cant wait to read more from this site. gold cream for face

    ReplyDelete