Sunday 21 September 2014

Review: Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion

Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion (Sample size)
Today review is on Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion. This is a sample redeemed from Sulwhasoo beauty counter.

The overall result is only average to me. Because its Sulwhasoo, so I actually have higher expectation on what this perfecting cushion can give. But to my disappointment, the result is only average. Although it does have whitening effect and smooth my skin after applying, its not performing well in terms of coverage, lasting effect and oil control. :(

Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion Summary
From the website, this multi cushion foundation does 3 things:
  1. UV Protection Functional Cosmetics(SPF50+, PA+++)
  2. Anti-wrinkle Functional Cosmetics
  3. Whitening Functional Cosmetics 
Benefits:
  • flexible film-fixing polymer: skin flawless and smooth for a long time.
  • apricot seed herbal moisturizer: promotes skin resilience and leaves skin fully moisturized all day.
It comes in 4 different shades: 
  • No.13: Light Pink
  • No.21: Medium Pink
  • No.23: Medium Beige
  • No.25: Deep Beige
For more information, go to Sulwhasoo website and Sulwhasoo Facebook Page

How to use Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion?
Use a puff to release an appropriate amount and pat over face as your regular foundation.

Apply more on areas with flaws for flawless skin expression. 


My Review
This is a sample redeemed from Sulwhasoo beauty counter.

The sample version came in a nice package. The one that I tried is No.23: medium beige. 
Sample box.
medium beige.
The sample came with a small puff. The puff is not the actual puff though. 
Came with a small sample puff.
This is only the sample version of the cushion foundation, so I cannot comment on the actual puff given.  

But I must really say, Sulwhasoo did put in effort to make the sample size version of this product for its customer to try. The sample version is really so nicely done. 
Sample package nicely made.
Taking off the puff, you can see that there is a plastic, covering the actual Perfecting Cushion Foundation. 
Plastic covering the cushion.
Removing the plastic cover, you can see the sample size perfecting cushion. 
Remove the plastic cover.
The cushion looks like a sponge
When you press the puff against the cushion (which feel like a sponge), liquid foundation is nicely spread on the puff.
Foundation spread evenly on the puff.
Spreading it on my hand as an example.
Example of applying on my hand, Before applying. 
Example of applying on my hand, After applying. 
After applying, my skin looks evenly smooth and whitening. Its is better then those normal liquid foundation. The finishing looks like a powder foundation, no usual mess that liquid foundation have, which really change my fear of using liquid foundation.

However, its not able to cover some of the scars or blemish, especially eye area. I will still need to use a concealer and BB / CC cream before applying this cushion foundation. :(

I notice that I really need to be careful spreading the foundation. If not spread properly, it will leave my face with patches of unevenly spread foundation. :(

I also notice that the cushion foundation do not really help in oil control. Not sure if its got to do with my oily T-Zone, after a few hours of wearing it, my face started to have more excess oil forming as compare to my usual foundation applied. :( 

Another disappointment, because of the oil control problem, I do feel that the foundation does not really last long. :(
Before applying.
After Applying.
The overall result is only average to me. Because its Sulwhasoo, so I actually have higher expectation on what this perfecting cushion can give. But to my disappointment, the result is only average. Although it does have whitening effect and smooth my skin after applying, its not performing well in terms of coverage, lasting effect and oil control. :(

But maybe if you are having a normal skin type with less issues, you may give this foundation a try. It may perform better. :) 

Where to buy it?
Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion can be bought at all Sulwhasoo Beauty Counters at a price of S$74. It comes with a refill. So you are buying 2 for the price of 1. :)

Where to get samples?
You may go over to Sulwhasoo Beauty Counters and ask the Sulwhasoo staff for a sample to try. :) 

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment