Monday 2 September 2019

Review: 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages

3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages (5pieces/box)
Bandages is an essential item in our first aid tool box. But do you know that apart from the normal plaster we often seen, there is this special plaster from 3M Nexcare that better takes care of our wound.

One month ago, I have a series wound on my forehead and this 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages save my wound. It makes my wound heal faster, less scar, no bruise and no pain. I really find this bandage amazing and thus share them with you.

About 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages
This is a bandage that provides the following:
  • Moist healing environment. 
  • Promote recovery and prevent scabs.
  • Waterproof. 
  • Ultra thin and flexible material. 
  • Provide better seal. 
  • Reduce pain and provide cushion to wound. 
  • Scar reduction. 
  • Hypoallergenic.
  • Hospital proven technology.
About the product.
Go to 3M Nexcare website for more details. 

How to use 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages?
  1. Clean wound thoroughly, release liner and apply bandage to wound. 
  2. Bandage swells up and turns white as it absorbs the exudate from the wound. 
  3. Remove and replace with new bandage when exudate starts to leak. 
  4. Remove bandage when surface becomes flat and wound has healed.

How to use.
My Review
Everyone have seen and used plaster before. For me, I only used those normal plaster, at most normal plaster that is waterproof. 

I have never seriously look at other plaster that is around in store. Until one month ago, when I had a very bad and deep cut right in the middle of my forehead. 

I came across 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages, thanks to my buddy who still manage to choose an amazing plaster for me although she is really panic that day. (🙈 More panic than me.)

This 3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages came in a box of 5. 
Came in a box of 5.
Each piece came seal in plastic. 
How each piece of plaster look like.
To use, tear open the plastic and take out the plaster.
Open up the plastic to retrieve the plaster.
There are 2 side to the plaster, numbered 1 and 2. Number 1 stick to the skin while number 2 is the non sticky side that face up.
Number 1 side of the plaster.
Number 2 side of the plaster.
Be careful after removing the plastic from number 1 side of the plaster. As the transparent sticker is very thin, it will easily stick together if it is not handle properly.
After number 1 side of the plastic is removed.
After removing both side of the plastic, stick the plaster onto the wound, making sure the wound is landed on the gel pad in the middle. The plaster looks really transparent on the skin. It is waterproof too. So I do not really need to worry much about it after sticking on it.
How the plaster look like on the skin.
After sometime, the wound area will turn white. This is perfectly normal. 
Wound area turns white.
(selfie taken, forgot to flip it therefore it is the other way around in the current photo)
One thing I do not like about this plaster is that the sticker area turns really sticky, making it difficult to remove. Even after remove, there will be sticky stuff left on my skin and I really need to take sometime to really clean it off before sticking on new plaster.
Removed plaster.
But this plaster really amaze me. I actually immediately stick this plaster after cleaning my wound that day. To my surprise, I don't feel pain at all and there is no sign of bruises. My wound is really deep but with the help of this plaster, my wound heal really fast and also beautifully heal with less scar. My wound is actually visibly shorter and less deep only after 1 day of applying. 
Healing of my wound with the help of this plaster.
Because my wound heals beautifully with this plaster, it really save me a lot of trouble, I now have to just apply scar healing gel and wait for it to be fully invisible. No more harden blood on the wound for my itchy finger to peel.

I really find this plaster amazing. Which is why I feel like doing this review to share with everybody. I hope you will never need to use plaster but if you need (Touch wood), there is this plaster that really helps. Especially if the wound is on the face.
 
Where to buy it?
3M Nexcare Hydrocolloid Bandages can be bought at Pharmacy, Guardian, Watsons, Unity, etc. at a retail price of S$8.95 for a box of 5 bandages.

Where to redeem sample?
No sample for this product. 🙈

Disclaimer: Product in this post was bought for personal use only. Review is for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and monetary compensation are offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment