Sunday 4 July 2021

Review: Aster (Chwinamul) From K-Fresh Zone

Aster (Chwinamul)

Introducing to you the taste of spring from Korea. I have with me today, Aster (Chwinamul), a Korean Spring Vegetable. 

This vegetable is new to me. It taste bittersweet with herbal aroma. A very great and easy side dish to have with your meal. 

About Aster (Chwinamul)

This is a Korean Spring greens with the following feature:

  • Dark colored leaves with thin stock.
  • Bittersweet flavor with a distinct herbal aroma.
  • Use as side dishes or Bibimbap.

My Review

Vegetable form part of healthy diet. For me, it's a must for vegetable to appear on every single meal.

Recently, I received Korean Spring Vegetable call Aster (Chwinamul) from K-Fresh Zone. This vegetable is new to me. The first time i heard and try them. 

The vegetable came well pack and really fresh. 

Came well packed.

Came fresh.

The easiest way to handle them is to make them into side dishes to go with my meal.

All I need to do is to wash them in water. Cut them up and then blanched them.

Wash them.

Cut them.

Remove them from the pot. Rinse them with cool water and squeeze off extra water in them. 

Squeeze out extra water.

Prepare Sauce. Mix
hot pepper flakes, garlic, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame seed into the vegetables. And they are ready to serve. 

Prepare the sauce.

This vegetable give off a herbal aroma when I was cutting them.
It looks like pea sprouts after cooked. It taste bittersweet, crunchy with herbal aroma taste.

Mix the sauce with the vegetables and ready to eat.

Overall, something new to me. Not bad tasting. Most importantly, they are really healthy to eat. 

Where to buy them?

You may purchase Aster (Chwinamul) (150g) from selected Fairprice outlet or online from Redmart. 

Disclaimer: Products were provided for personal review purposes only. All reviews are 100% honest and based on my personal experience. No monetary compensation of any kind was given or received for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment